- 0 (Registered)
A study of different customs of Minhogei Yisroel & Minhogei Chabad in the “Pardes” of Torah (All parts of the Torah: Pshat, Remez, Drush and Sod). Differences of customs regarding these Minhogim will be discussed. What is the history of the Minhogim? When did they start? What’s behind the differences in customs between one Jewish community to another? What is the uniqueness of the Chabad customs?
As well as providing information, students will learn the practical application of each Minhag.
- 4-9-2018: Schlissel Challah: The source of the custom. Why on the Shabbos after Passover? How do you make the key? Why in some communities is Shabbos after Passover called “Shabbos Geula”?
- 4-16-2018: Koach Nissan: What is the difference before 28 Nissan 1991 and after 28 Nissan, if always it was the work of our generation to bring Moshiah? How can simple people bring such a big thing as redemption to the entire world?
- 4-23-2018: Pesach Sheini: The customs of the day. Why and when to eat matzos or other food on this day. The inner meaning of the day.
- 4-30-2018: Lag Ba’Omer: A day of joy, lighting bonfires, going out to the field, a holiday for the students, a trip to Meron, parades. Explanations and stories about the customs of the day.
- 5-7-2018: Shelo Osani Isha: the source of the blessing. Three methods of saying the blessing. The reason it’s said in a negative way. Chabad custom regarding this blessing.
- 5-14-2018: Shavuot: The Nussach of this holiday blessing. The reason it’s called “Holiday of Matzos”. Bringing children to the Ten Commandments. Saying “Mazal Tov”. Plowing of trees and grass. Saying a Torah and a story from the Ba’al Shem Tov.
- 5-28-2018: Customs of women: The source of women’s customs. The validity of women’s customs. Examples of women’s customs. The Rebbe’s opinion regarding women’s customs.
- 6-4-2018: Pirkei Avot: Pirkei Avot before and after Shavuos. Say or learn. The custom of our Rebbeiim.
- 6-11-2018: The uniqueness of Chabad customs: The Sources of Chabad customs? Who has to follow Chabad customs?
Monday @ 9:15 AM