Machon Chana is a non-profit 501 c3 organization
We operate a food panty and soup kitchen for the community, as well as provide community programs and services.
Machon Chana functions as a counseling center. We offer professional advice and guidance, both through group counseling and one on one counseling, in marital and parenting areas, as well as mentoring. We provide job readiness programs and workshops, and home visitation.
We provide educational and recreational programming to the women in our community.
Mornings and evenings feature ongoing classes, workshops and lectures in three critical areas:
- Home Management includes culinary arts, food presentation, organizational skills, personal grooming, and decorating.
- Time Management addresses juggling husband’s needs, children’s routines, work and personal time.
- Money Management focuses on budgeting, maximizing resources and living, eating and dressing on a shoestring budget.
The art of communication, respect, building and maintaining a healthy relationship.
- Helping mothers understand, discipline, guide and nurture their kids from infanthood through childhood to adulthood.
- Dealing with challenges at home, school and in society.
- Special workshops will be addressing mothers of special need children as well as at risk teens.
Recreational activities include field trips to local museums, shopping at malls, family picnics, pizza and game night.
The objective of the programs is to provide women with meaningful activities in the company of peers while providing day care for their children, and help those with poor communication, home making and parenting skills learn the necessary skills to improve their relationships with their husbands, parent their kids and run efficient homes.